We will be camping at Lake Conasauga this weekend. See the website for details:
Feature Items to Bring:
- Mess Kit
- $10 Cash per night
- Spare Tire
Leave No Trace (LNT)
- Bring Trash bags
- Review LNT rules
- Practice the LNT in the Outdoors
- Join us on our hike to help clean the environment
Webelos will have an opportunity to work on the their Outdoorsman Badge Pin:
1. Present yourself to your Webelos den leader, properly dressed, as you would be for an overnight campout. Show the camping gear you will use. Show the right way to pack and carry it.
2. With your family or Webelos den, help plan and take part in an evening outdoor activity that includes a campfire.
3. With your parent or guardian, take part in a Webelos den overnight campout or a family campout. Sleep in a tent that you have helped pitch.
4. With your parent or guardian, camp overnight with a Boy Scout troop. Sleep in a tent that you have helped pitch.
5. During a Webelos den meeting, discuss how to follow the Leave No Trace Frontcountry Guidelines during outdoor activities (See page 72 of the Webelos Scout Book.)
6. Participate in an outdoor conservation project with your Webelos den or a Boy Scout troop.
7. Discuss with your Webelos den leader the rules of outdoor fire safety. Using these rules, show how to build a safe fire and put it out.
8. With your accompanying adult on a campout or outdoor activity, assist in preparing, cooking, and cleanup for one of your den’s meals. Tell why it is important for each den member to share in meal preparation and cleanup, and explain the importance of eating together.
9. Discuss with your Webelos den leader the things that you need to take on a hike. Go on one 3-mile hike with your Webelos den or a Boy Scout troop.
10. Demonstrate how to whip and fuse the ends of a rope.
11.Demonstrate setting up a tent or dining fly using two half hitches and a taut-line hitch. Show how to tie a square knot and explain how it is used.